Sanofi, Waterford are seeking applications for their QC Laboratory Apprenticeship programme with the Quality Control team.
If you are looking to kick start a career in science working for a world leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, and get an opportunity to progress your education while getting paid then this might be the programme you need.
The programme is designed for those who wish to develop a career in a laboratory environment where employment is set to grow significantly over the next 3-5 years.
Sanofi Waterford is ideally placed to facilitate, mentor and nurture new talent. During term time you would work 3 days per week in our laboratory learning on the job while spending 2 days per week with our education partner, SETU.
The Sanofi QC team:
The QC Chemistry Department are responsible for analysing raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples to support product release and stability from the Waterford site.
Application deadline: 30th June 2023
Interviews held: July 2023
Programme start date: 1st September 2023
About Growing With Us
On successful completion the apprentice will be able to:
- Understanding the principles of cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) which are in operations in Biopharmachem
- Understanding the Quality Systems that are in place and their importance
- Understanding change control systems
- Understanding Safe Laboratory and Work Practices/Methods
- Knowledge of the analytical lifecycle management
- Understand the Audits processes E.g., housekeeping, Internal Supplier, Regulatory and Customer audits
- Knowledge of the variety of testing involved in raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples and how to conduct same in accordance to predetermined specifications
- Understanding the importance of recording results in a timely and accurate fashion
- Knowledge of maintaining PPE and the process of reporting defects
- Understanding the correct labelling of laboratory reagents and samples
- Knowledge “out of specification” investigations and “Lab Investigations Reports” process
- Knowledge of the purchase systems of QC consumables and liaising with approved suppliers
- Understanding the various steps in the production process – upstream and downstream
- Knowledge of calibration of laboratory equipment as required
- Operating company equipment and instruments effectively and according to standard operating procedures
- Ability to work in a safe manner within a laboratory and work setting
- Ability to perform a wide range of chemistry techniques to include but not limited to the use of Pipettes, Auto-Titrations, Ph, weighing, diluting to volume, Volumetric calculations, Karl Fischer, Thin Layer Chromatography and physical testing, HPLC
- Ability to handle all laboratory and production materials and other materials according to safety instructions and analytical methods so as not to endanger him/herself, others or the environment
- Communicate effectively using a full range of skills: speaking; listening; writing; body language; presentation
- Work and interact effectively within a team
- Work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- Understand impact of work on others, especially where related to diversity and equality
- Time management and ability to complete work to schedule
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes
- Pass (minimum Grade 06) in 5 Leaving Certificate subjects one of which must be maths and a science subject
- 250 CAO points
- Level 6 Qualification in a related discipline
- Mature student
To read more about the application process see here